Chef Scott Klemme plays a big role in the success of the center and he has been Executive Chef at The Gazebo for 22 years. He has overseen the serving of close to 2 million satisfied customers at The Gazebo. Executive Chef Scott has been in the food service industry for 34 years. He got his Culinary Arts Degree in 1988. He has a Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management and Organization in the year of 1994. He is continuing Education in Specialty Culinary Food Aspects 1989-current. Chef Scott is a member in American Culinary Federation and the Michigan Chapter Chef De Cuisine. He received Recipient of the State of Michigan Serve-Safe Food Safely certificate.
He would like to share his special seasonal Caprese salad recipe with us.
- 2 pounds vine-ripened tomatoes (about 4 large), sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced ¼ inch thick
- ¼ cup packed fresh basil or arugula leaves, washed well and spun dry
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled, if using arugula instead of basil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- fine sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
On a large platter arrange tomato and mozzarella slices and basil leaves, alternating and overlapping them. Sprinkle salad with oregano and arugula and drizzle with oil. Season the salad with salt and pepper.